Confessions of a Pessioptimist

I go from Hot, to Cold to Funny. Which am I today?

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Nashville Lessons

I have recently moved back to Indiana (woo woo), where my family is, and where I have recently acquired a new job. There were lots of things that I didn't appreciate about Nashville, but if anything, I can definately glean lessons that I feel I have acquired from my time there.

Oftentimes, good or bad, I tend to reflect upon a situation and try to figure out what I've learned, as I feel that life is fulla lessons. And all that cliched stuff.

So here's what I've learned from my year of residence in Nashville, TN:

- I really dislike country music 'lifestyle'. Though I can appreciate some country music, Nashville is really deep into the country music thing, and on the 5 o'clock news they'll talk about what some country music star has planted in their front yard. Who gives a crap? And why is it on some news that is supposed to be relevant?

- I don't have to fight every fight. I'm a person who loves debates, and for the most part, is pretty logical. There have been situations I've been presented with in where I could have gone on and on, kept it alive, and over what? dumbness. I think with my age, i'm starting to realize that I don't have to show someone how dumb they are constantly or pick someone apart... because regardless the world will keep a-spinnin'.

- Crazy people begat crazy people & crazy people are allergic to logic. That pretty much is self-explanatory. They say that you have to speak to people in a language they understand. And since I don't speak crazy, that limits my communication skills.

- Continue to be proud of the decisions that I make. I've made various decisions in the past few months, where I look back on them and can truly appreciate the decision I made. Some of the decisions were untimely, some were perfectly timed, but in the end, the benefit of those decisions has outweighed any initial negativity.

- God is the head of my life. There are things that have happened to me that I know God was directing, the result was just THAT amazing.

- I have great friends. The people who I became friends with (and/or) cultivated my relationship with have not let me down. They have come through when I didn't expect them to, and that will definately not end now that I'm in a different place.

I'm looking forward to starting my life with my husband in Indiana, with bigger, better and brighter things to come...I'll keep you posted. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it feels good to be home! It's always good to reflect on situations and realize that you are better for it. Good luck with your new gig! I am so happy for you!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it feels good to be home! It's always good to reflect on situations and realize that you are better for it. Good luck with your new gig! I am so happy for you!

8:04 AM  
Blogger melette said...

Now when I got see baby sis, I have some grown folks to hang with. I'm glad to hear about your new job. God is moving, Amb.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some great lessons learned especially "God is the head of my life". Put Him first and everything else will fall in place.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Amb. I'm so glad that things are working out for you. :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger DramaQueen said...

Congrats, Sis! I am happy to hear that things are coming together for you. I guess we are never too old to learn and discover...I'm learning that myself. Continue to put God first, and things will continue to fall into place...as they say, when the praise goes up, the blessings come down.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home